Moroccan Wagyu Meatball Stew
For wagyu meatballs:
- 1 lb wagyu ground beef
- 2 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon shichimi togarashi
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Koshur salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil for pan frying
For the stew:
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, peeled
- 2 medium onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 small bunch of Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 lbs tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teapoon shichimi togarashi
- 1 teapoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons yuzu juice
- 1 1/2 teapoon Koshur salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 6 eggs
Prep Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 40 min
Combine all the ingredients for the wagyu meatballs and form into 1 inch
balls with wet hands.
Heat a 8 quart stove-top casserole pan and add the olive oil. Brown the meatballs in the oil, then remove, leaving the oil in the casserole pan. Set the meatballs aside, covered.
Add the garlic, onion, and bell pepper to the reserved oil in the casserole pan and saute until the onion is clear. Add the remaining ingredients for the sauce and simmer, covered, 30 minutes until the sauce has cookeddown to a thick gravy.
Return the meatballs to the sauce and simmer uncovered 30 minutes more. Carefully bread the eggs into the sauce and poach for a few minutes (don't overcook the eggs.) Serve immediately directly from the cassrole pan.